Saturday, March 12, 2011

Z99 Radiothon Progress Update!

Good evening!  First, thanks to everyone that is bidding in the online auction to help raise money for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Regina General Hospital.  I thought I'd just go through the album tonight and add up the highest bids to give a Telemiracle-style preliminary total to rally the troops!  I also want to mention a couple other things for tomorrow night when bidding comes to an end.

So the total so far is....*drum roll*...$949!   Thanks so much for the generosity shown thus far and let's get that total up even higher!  Ring those phones! (or, in this case, make those bids!)

Just a few notes for tomorrow night:

Last minute bidding:
  • The auction ends at 8 pm sharp.  I will be using my computer's time and Facebook's listing of how many minutes ago it was to determine the last bidder.  Since this isn't nearly as exact as Ebay, I am asking for your understanding if it's not a perfect science.  The best thing you can do is to make your top bid for what you'd like and not wait until the last minute.  Remember that we're raising money for charity and you will even receive a tax receipt so be generous!
  • Next, as soon as bidding closes, I will ask you not to bid anymore to help make things easier on me too!  
  • Leading up to 8 pm Saskatchewan Time, I will give time reminders to help those of you in different time zones.
How to make payments if you win an auction item:
  • After the auction, I will be sending Facebook messages to winning bidders with a link to a Paypal donation page and you will have 24 hours to make the payment.  If I do not receive the payment within that time frame, I will contact the next highest bidder.  
  • I will also provide my e-mail so you could make an e-mail transfer payment if you prefer.  If you are in Regina and would rather drop off payment, we can even arrange that.  Cheques should be made out to "Z99 Radiothon".
  • Once I receive payments, I will e-mail the sponsor for that item with your name, e-mail address and mailing address.  Sponsors will contact winning bidders to arrange for item selection (if applicable), and make arrangements for either local pick up or shipping depending on the details of the listing.
  • I will be using the names and addresses to compile a list for tax donation receipts to give to Z99.
I believe that pretty much covers it!  I am also going to e-mail/call Z99 on Monday and there's a good chance I'll have an opportunity to share our fundraiser On Air for the Radiothon next week.

If you haven't got in on the fun yet, please check out the auction album on my Facebook page.  You have to "like" the page before you can comment on photos and bid.   Also, be sure to read this info before bidding as there are some guidelines to follow.  Most items will be shipped for FREE anywhere within Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails