Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yummy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I haven't made cookies for a while but I couldn't resist trying these ones out after Brenda posted the recipe on my Facebook page.  Thanks Brenda..I think.  They are absolutely delicious little morsels of goodness.  I can even pretend that they are healthy with all the oats and whole wheat flour.   Once again, I used my handy KitchenAid mixer to make them and it worked beautifully.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
  
Mix dry ingredients:
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. each baking powder and soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 c. Old Fashioned rolled oats
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
  • Cream 1/2 c. butter, 1/4 c. each brown and white sugars. 
  • Beat in 1 large egg, 1/4 c. maple syrup, 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • Add dry ingredients and mix well.
  • Add chocolate chips and nuts as desired.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 10 minutes for small cookies (I use one of those cookie ball makers that is like an ice cream scoop-- the smallest size).

Trudy's Notes:  I didn't change anything except I baked mine for about 12 minutes since they were a bit larger than Brenda's from the sounds of it.  I also added about 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.  

Cookie Dough...I might have tried some and it might have tasted really good.
Cookies ready to bake!
Yummy cookies ready to eat.



Remember to enter the Something Sassy tutus and more giveaway before it's too late!  Click on the image below for more details!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, those sound yummy and look so easy. I'll have to try these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    New follower from the Follow Me, I'm Canadian hop. Gosh...how am I supposed to eat dinner now when all I want are those cookies! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails