Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oops, I did it again!

Yep, I just registered for another university class.  It will almost be a continuation of my current class since it also runs on Tuesday evenings at the exact same time.  It starts in January so I'll have the month of December off.  The class is called Methods and Curriculum in teaching TESOL.  The one I am taking right now is called Teaching Grammar to Speakers of Other Languages.  Both classes have the potential to be dry and boring, I'm sure.  However, I have to admit that I am really, really enjoying my studies (I threw an extra intensifier in there because apparently that's what women do to make themselves heard).  See all the useful things I'm learning?

In all seriousness, I am loving this class for many reasons. First and foremost, my professor is awesome.  Second, the adult interaction is a relief after spending the majority of my time with a toddler and baby.  Don't get me wrong, it's entertaining and ridiculously wonderful being around my sweetpeas all day but momma needs a break sometimes.  Next, I like to use my brain for more than reciting the alphabet or deciding what to feed my picky two year old for the next meal. It's been kind of fun to challenge myself intellectually and I've even enhanced my vocabulary with words such as corpora, collocational, and argot.  Finally, I am digging the snacks that we are taking turns sharing.  I brought up my professor's delicious banana bread at our first class and it's taken on a life of its own. We've had the infamous banana bread, homemade bread and jam from a Hutterite colony, German strudels, Thanksgiving pies, cookies, muffins, and more!

Alas, it is late and it's been a crazily busy day...the dog was groomed, my BabySteals item that made me fall off the thrifty wagon arrived (and will be shared tomorrow), Aleena had her 6 month check up and passed with flying colours, and, of course, I had class...followed by a speed shopping trip to Safeway, tidying up the hurricane that hit our kitchen and living room once I got home, and now, blogging.  Holy run-on sentence, Batman!  It's okay though...class is over.  By the way, I got 90% on my presentation last week.  Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails