Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Missions Accomplished!

This post is a continuation of my blog yesterday.  Here are a few of the things I've already accomplished or they likely would have been on my bucket list otherwise.  
  • The Sydney Opera House
  • Live overseas
  • Run a marathon
  • Get a university degree
  • Learn how to speak another language
  • Go to a Blue Jays game
  • Be a Rider Season Ticket holder (I mean, really, this should be on everyone's bucket list!)
  • Own a house
  • Visit Thailand
  • Ride an elephant
  • Parasail
  • Snorkel in the Carribean
  • Fly first class on an overseas flight
  • Mount Rushmore
  • Have two lovely children and a wonderful husband 
Just for fun, here are a couple of photos from completed bucket list items.  I'll add new photos and information as I finish things and include those as part of my blog.  If things go as planned, I should see Mamma Mia! on Friday and visit a pumpkin patch later this month (although I'm not sure it will qualify based on the photos I've seen).  


At Khao Phanom Benja National Park in Thailand - August 2001 (I visited Thailand twice.  This photo was taken on my second trip to Thailand when I did the whole whirlwind tour of Phuket and area with a Chinese tour group.  That should actually be on everybody's bucket list..."Go on a trip with a Chinese Tour group".  It's certainly a thorough way of seeing everything!)
Taipei Expressway Marathon Pre-Race Photo - November 2000 (Yes, that's a tape player in my hand.  I carried it with me the whole miserable five hours that it took me to finish this marathon.  I wish I could say it was a wonderfully fulfilling experience but it really wasn't.  It was cold, rainy, windy and painful.  They ran out of water for the last 10 km and all they had at the aid stations was bread and sponges.  I was proud of myself for completing the race but it was a bit disappointing.  I ran another marathon in 2005 which I finished in 4:15 and it was much more satisfying and enjoyable!) 
Living Overseas in Taiwan from 1998-2002 (Photo taken in front of Chiang Kai Shek Memorial in Taipei at Chinese New Years in 2001.  Someone had created all the animals of the zodiac out of recyclables.  I stood in front of the dragon since I was born in the Year of the Dragon.  I should mention that I lived in Kaohsiung, Taiwan for those 4 years...I would recommend Kaohsiung over Taipei.  When I flew back to Kaohsiung after visiting other places, it actually felt like I was going home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails