Monday, October 25, 2010

Lollitops and Sock Monkey Hats

I have been super busy doing homework lately which is a good thing but it hasn't left much time for blogging.  I have an oral presentation tomorrow night in which I have to present a chapter from our grammar text book.  It's not terribly difficult but I am going to need to switch gears from presenting information to a two year old to post grad students.  Ironically, this is the subject of my presentation...how people are able to adapt their dialects for various discourse communities.  I am sure that sounded like "blah blah blah...blah blah blah" to most of you so I'll get back to something everyone can relate to...cute babies!

I was inspired to take a couple photos of my little girl in her Lollitop hat today since it was the product featured on BabySteals this morning.  Aleena is a pretty good little model...you wouldn't even know she was having a cranky morning.  That is, until I got too ambitious and tried her Blueberry Hill Sock Monkey hat on afterward.  She was not impressed.

Just a little hint for you fellow "stealers" out there.  If they have sold out of items on their website, you can often check back around 4-5 pm Saskatchewan time and they put up cancelled orders so you have a second chance to order.  This doesn't always work but it happens often enough that it's worth checking if you missed out on something you really wanted.  They also add items to their archive on occasion because they sometimes they end up with extra stock or returns from undeliverable mail orders.


I didn't buy any more Lollitops since we already have two although there was one hat in particular that would look spectacular with my little girl's blue eyes. Here was my favourite from their selection today. It was a bit pricier than usual since they included an extra headband and flower clip.

1 comment:

  1. She is too cute for words! Love, love the sock monkey hat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails